Friday, January 9, 2009

Progress report: Jan 11


Not a lot to say, so I'll keep this brief.


I've brought over most of what is useful from past projects, and I am now up and running. I have a controllable character interacting with a tiled room. The graphics are placeholders from a previous project, and the controls are literally push up to move up, etc. Next I'll add gravity, then I'll start developing proper character movements as discussed in my previous post.


The quality of my art is one of the biggest risks of the project right now. I half expect people to take one look and dismiss the game on account of its appearance. I have an interesting idea to combat that, but I'll try it out first and then get your reaction, because if nothing else you'll have a good laugh and I don't won't to spoil it.


Next week is looking like being very busy, work-wise. I hope to post my first video by the end of the month, and you should see some screenshots before then.


Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment