Friday, January 2, 2009

It begins!


I consider myself to hold a lot of creative energy. I've started countless projects; movie scripts, video games, web sites, music albums, computer software, novels, and probably more.


And yet, aside from a few songs and one failed web site, I've never completed a project. Usually, once I've exhausted the creative aspects of the project, I think of a new idea that is more appealing and seems to hold more potential. Other times I just get bored.


That is why this blog was born. At the end of 2008, I asked myself what I wanted to achieve in 2009. Not a New Years resolution that would fade in a few weeks, but a goal to strive towards and to be proud of achieving.


In 2009, I resolve to design and build a video game, and to publish it to the Xbox Live Community Arcade!


I will communicate my progress through this blog, and I especially welcome your guidance and thoughts on various topics as the project progresses.


Before I leave, here are a few screenshots from previous video game projects that went astray:









It begins!

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget that you nearly got the role as the white Power Ranger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, you simply can't beat the old platform/quest in one giant world. But I do remember hating games like Prince of Perisa etc. soley because if you didn't make a particular jump, then you either fell to your death or lost heaps of progress. Simple jumps are fine, but not too many complex ones.

    You must include one rendition of a Ninja Turtle - enemy or hero, just for me...

    My past favourites? Green Beret, Wonder Boy, Double Dragon - I know they are not strictly 2d...Donkey Kong, Moon Patrol...

    I think I'll shut-up now...

    JW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have very fond memories of Wonder Boy. Paul and I even had nicknames for the bosses, but you probably had to be there.

    ReplyDelete