Sunday, August 23, 2009

Faker


Most people who know me well will know that I'm a huge Masters Of The Universe fan from way back. I collected the action figures as a boy, and more recently as an adult when the new series came out in 2002. The 2002 release even marked the only time I've ever bought a comic book. Not to mention the time I turned up to a Lord Of The Rings themed birthday party as He-Man because... well... He-Man is better than Aragorn.


Which brings me to the newest enemy in my game. Since my game's inception, I wanted to incorporate some puzzle elements, and I've had an idea of an enemy who responds to the player's movements and mimics their every action. Introducing... Faker!






His name and his blue skin are a tribute to the Faker character from Masters Of The Universe, a robotic replica of He-Man. In this game, he is a replica of Chris, except for his spiky hair and pointed chin (and a couple of subtle touches, like removing his eyebrows to make him appear more evil). He makes for some interesting puzzles too!


Here is just one example:






Avoiding a Faker is no small feat. For instance, jump a little too high and the Faker beneath you will land on the same platform as you and you will die. Try to wall jump with a Faker beside you, and you'll find yourself colliding with them as they too jump towards the wall. Time to get your thinking cap on.

2 comments:

  1. Yes...Minnesota is anxiously awaiting the arrival of Chris's brainchild. Not only does Debstar read it religiously but my boyfriend Alex is also a follower these days...keep it up! (oh...and I miss you guys like crazy...ok...I think that's it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From 1 to 2 readers... it's gone viral! :)

    ReplyDelete